The Australian Institute of Grants Management is keen to help you get the most out of your grants program.
That's why we've developed a Grants Health Check.
For some, it's been a while since you've done a root-and-branch review, for others you may have "inherited" the grants program from someone else and need unbiased assessment.
Our Health Check guides you through a nine-stage process that should take you around 40 minutes. We assure you that it will be time well spent.
The review will take you through a quick self-assessment of:
- Goals, governance and guidelines, including program design and eligibility criteria
- Record keeping, including being able to track applicants from your first contact
- Application process, including design and promotion
- Grants assessment and decision-making about successful applicants
- Advising grants outcomes for both winners and the unsuccessful
- Agreement and payments, including negotiating contracts and making payments
- Monitoring and variations, including progress reporting, managing performance issues and varying grants
- Final report and acquittals, including acquitting funds, closing, and reviewing funded projects
- Evaluation and dissemination, including assessing your program and sharing the lessons learnt.
Expect that our Health Check will give you some homework, with the results also directly emailed to you. If you don't get homework, please alert us at email@example.com so we can share some of your secrets.
For everyone else, your Health Check homework will be comprised of a series of practical steps and advice to improve your grantmaking. The results will also direct you to the extensive online tools available to all AIGM members, including overviews, help sheets, reports, articles and more. Can you afford not to do the Grants Health Check?