The go-to tool for grantmakers, SmartyGrants, has developed a platform for grantseekers too.
SmartyFile makes SmartyGrants applications easier, allows users to collaborate and manage multiple applications, and stores contacts and data to help in the quest for funding.
Our Community executive director Kathy Richardson said SmartyFile was designed to make applying for grants and related tasks “a whole lot easier” for grantseekers, while easing the load on grantmakers too.
Because it’s connected to SmartyGrants, it means applicants will be able to do a lot more with their applications.
Among the many features of the system are:
- a robust platform for grantseekers wanting to manage applications – linked to the SmartyGrants system
- the ability for users to manage and view grants across multiple funders in one place
- a pre-fill function to save time on filling online forms
- advanced search, sort and collaboration capabilities
- the ability for users to find, create and join organisations based on their Australian business numbers (ABNs) or New Zealand business numbers NZBNs
- the ability to store key data such as contact details, websites, mission statements and bank account details
- the power for SmartyFile administrators to add and edit users whether they are “authors”, “contributors”, “viewers/analysts” or “custom” users, each with different powers to edit, collaborate and submit grant applications
- optional multi-factor authentication, using an authenticator app
- applicants’ powers to track and sort grant submissions, delete incomplete applications, display deadlines and application status, view associated documents and know when acquittals and feedback forms are due.
The system began rolling out in January 2023, with users prompted when registering for SmartyGrants or submitting applications.
Ms Richardson said the system would continue to improve as more users joined the system.