Our Grants Health Check guides you through a nine-stage process that should take you around 10 minutes. We assure you that it will be time well spent.
The review is based on the SmartyGrants Grantmaking Toolkit’s nine stages of grantmaking. We’ll take you through a quick self-assessment of these elements of your program:
- Goals, governance, guidelines and record-keeping systems, including program design and eligibility criteria
- Identification of your “outcomes agents” – the people, groups and processes you’ll work with to achieve your program’s aims, including application processes, form design and promotions
- Record keeping, including tracking of applicants from your first contact
- Grants assessment and decision-making
- Notifications to grant winners and unsuccessful applicants
- Agreements and payments – negotiating contracts and making payments
- Monitoring and variations, including progress reporting, managing performance issues and varying agreements
- Closing the grant – final reports and acquittals, and reviewing funded projects
- Evaluation and dissemination – assessing your program and sharing the lessons learnt.
Based on your responses we’ll assign you some homework that will help you push towards grantmaking perfection. (If you don't get any homework from us, you’re clearly doing something right, so please alert us so we can share some of your secrets.)